Topics

Thank you

Mark Kanzler

A huge "thank you" to everyone who helped out for the 2018 Tour de Cure LA.  It was a big success because WE are a great success.  They had 800 riders this year, and I am hoppy to report that there were no major injuries, and no one got lost.  MARC did a great job at we were constantly thanked by riders and staff alike.

Thanks to Alvin for bringing out the equipment and setting things up, John and Mijo for helping with the set up and then for Net control and Motor on the course, Bill and Ginger for Net control and Motor on the course, Jeff and Julie for sidecar Motor on the course, John Edwards for Motor on the course and his steady presence, Michael and new member Todd for SAG duties, Scott and Kim for SAG duties and scribe at Net control, and my friend and soon to be new member Randy at Net control APRS.

I also invited my friend Pet and his girlfriend to come to the event and film it with his drone, which he did.  I am sure he got some good video of MARC at Net control, and also of the event and venue.  When he compiles the video, I will send a copy of it to our webmaster Michael to post on our webpage.  People interested in MARC will be able to see exactly how good we are, and how we function helping keep these riders safe.

Again, thank you all. Please feel free to send me any comments or complaints so that we can do even better next time

73
Mark Kanzler
zippy
Coordinator 2018 Tour de Cure LA

Mark Kanzler, Ham on a Hog KE6ZRP Echolink node KE6ZRP-L, 2016 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Jeff Gallagher

Second that. A great event for a worthy cause. Julie and I are glad we could be a part of it.

Jeff Gallagher KB6SUP
Sgt. E-4 USAF '72-'76
Honorably Discharged, Honored to Serve

"If you can't annoy someone with what you write, I think there's little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis, British Novelist, 1971.

--
Jeff KB6SUP
Tustin , CA

JOHN EDWARDS

Thanks Mark, a great job done by everyone.

John E.

On Monday, October 15, 2018, 8:01:10 PM PDT, Mark Kanzler via Groups.Io <ke6zrp_mark@...> wrote:

[...]

Ginger White

Awesome job, all!