Reach the Beach OR 5/15/2021

John Kristian W6JMK

It looks like the Reach the Beach bicycle event is scheduled for 5/15/2021. Are they recruiting moto radio operators? How would I sign up?

John Beckwith

John,

I’m pretty sure it’s still a virtual event.

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA

On Apr 17, 2021, at 2:58 PM, John Kristian W6JMK <jmkristian@...> wrote:

It looks like the Reach the Beach bicycle event is scheduled for 5/15/2021. Are they recruiting moto radio operators? How would I sign up?

John Kristian W6JMK

The website says they have SAG support and rest stops. Could be wrong, of course.

John Beckwith

We’ll check and post the response.

Thanks for persisting.

John

On Apr 17, 2021, at 4:16 PM, John Kristian W6JMK <jmkristian@...> wrote:

The website says they have SAG support and rest stops. Could be wrong, of course.

John Beckwith

I heard back from our contact in Oregon regarding this event near Portland:
-----------
“Yes, we are looking for Ham support as well, currently I have 12 volunteers lined up to cover the course and net control.  As you probably saw on the website, there was a recent change to the course due to the conditions in Tillamook county.  I changed to repeater request and linking to better align with the current route, should be able to cover everything with just one repeater.  Exact number of Ham volunteers needed is in flux at the moment, hoping to have a solid plan by the end of this week, I will send you an update once I have the information."
Here’s the basic website:

And the routes:

In spite of the name - they will not be going to the beach.  Unlike the original plans these are all loop routes with the same start/finish point. Obviously adjusting to current conditions.

I will forward more info on as I receive it.

If anyone is interested in helping out - I will put you in touch with the Ham organizer.

Thanks,

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA