Topics

net tonight

Mark Kanzler

There will be no DMR availability for our net tonight.  There is a PAPA net going on each Wednesday and we do not want to interfere.  Thank you for the consideration.

zippy

Mark Kanzler, Ham on a Hog KE6ZRP , 2016 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

John Beckwith

However, I “think” I have a Yaesu Fusion room up.   I won’t know until someone enters the room and I hear them (and them me.).

But it’s up now and I’ll keep it up til after our local analog net.   So, won’t have anything in common between the two - except me….:-). (What more could you ask?    And Don’t answer that….:-)

So, if you’re local in the SoCal area I’ll be listening on - 145.440– 136.5.  Again - I believe linked to - 449.880– 146.2 and 445.480– 131.8
And on Fusion - N6JCB-ROOM - ID # 60798

We’ll see what transpires….

Thanks,

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA

On Jan 8, 2020, at 4:03 PM, Mark Kanzler via Groups.Io <ke6zrp_mark@...> wrote:

There will be no DMR availability for our net tonight.  There is a PAPA net going on each Wednesday and we do not want to interfere.  Thank you for the consideration.

zippy

Mark Kanzler, Ham on a Hog KE6ZRP , 2016 Harley Davidson Electra Glide

Rod Rath

John, your room sounds good from Yakima WA.

Thank you for getting it up and running. This will be my first time in, well, ever that I can check in. Looking forward to it.

Thanks.
Rod Rath kc7vqr
Selah, WA

However, I “think” I have a Yaesu Fusion room up.   I won’t know until someone enters the room and I hear them (and them me.).

But it’s up now and I’ll keep it up til after our local analog net.   So, won’t have anything in common between the two - except me….:-). (What more could you ask?    And Don’t answer that….:-)

So, if you’re local in the SoCal area I’ll be listening on - 145.440– 136.5.  Again - I believe linked to - 449.880– 146.2 and 445.480– 131.8
And on Fusion - N6JCB-ROOM - ID # 60798

We’ll see what transpires….

John Beckwith

Not bad for about 1000 miles away….lol

You sounded great as well.   I’m not sure how this is going to work - but we’ll see.   I’ll be working two radios independently - (maybe I’ll key one mic when the other radio is talking….lol). There may be some crossbanding capabilities out there - but probably not by tonight….

Thanks - and talk to you …. Whenever…

So, folks - if you have Yaesu Fusion - and want to check in - I’ll be listening to Room #60798 - from now until after the 7:30  SoCal net (analog).

On Jan 8, 2020, at 4:50 PM, Rod Rath <rrath@...> wrote:

John, your room sounds good from Yakima WA.

Thank you for getting it up and running. This will be my first time in, well, ever that I can check in. Looking forward to it.

Thanks.
Rod Rath kc7vqr
Selah, WA

However, I “think” I have a Yaesu Fusion room up.   I won’t know until someone enters the room and I hear them (and them me.).

But it’s up now and I’ll keep it up til after our local analog net.   So, won’t have anything in common between the two - except me….:-). (What more could you ask?    And Don’t answer that….:-)

So, if you’re local in the SoCal area I’ll be listening on - 145.440– 136.5.  Again - I believe linked to - 449.880– 146.2 and 445.480– 131.8
And on Fusion - N6JCB-ROOM - ID # 60798

We’ll see what transpires….

Rich Lewis

I have system fusion capabilities but have not played with it very much. If someone can give me a quick how to enter a room type lesson I'll give it a try. If nothing else I'll just go for the 2 meter repeater.

Rich Lewis
AF6TM

[...]

Rich -

If you “have not played with it very much” you may have “played” more than me….:-)

What radio you have - maybe we can figure it out?  If so - you’re welcome to check in on both.   That would be novel….:-)

FYI for all - 1930 (7:30pm for you civilians) - Left Coast time.

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA

On Jan 8, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Rich Lewis via Groups.Io <RichLewis04@...> wrote:

[...]

I actually have two. The handheld is FT1-D, and the mobile is the FTM400.

Rich Lewis

[...]

Can you hit a local fusion repeater?   That will be the key.  Otherwise you need to connect your radio to your computer (PC Only) and that requires a special cable.)

Thanks,

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA

On Jan 8, 2020, at 5:08 PM, Rich Lewis via Groups.Io <RichLewis04@...> wrote:

[...]

Not quite sure about them and not quite sure about fusion repeaters nearby. Doing about 3 different things right now so will look up repeaters in a few minutes.

Rich Lewis

[...]

Getting a little frustrated so think I'll just do the analog repeater. Thanks for trying. See you Saturday.

Rich Lewis

[...]

Fair enough.    I’ve had a couple of folks check in with me - so we’ll see who else shows up - both analog and digital Fusion.   Let’s see if we can figure all this out for next time.

Thanks for trying,

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA

On Jan 8, 2020, at 6:12 PM, Rich Lewis via Groups.Io <RichLewis04@...> wrote:

[...]

James Carter (KN4VZE)

I've got my DMR Hotspot up & running and I've verified that I'm able to monitor BrandMeister Talk Group 31066 : SolCal; which I believe is part of PAPA Net.

I am open to performing a test before the next Club Net to see if I have everything I need to participate.

Best Regards,

James, KN4VZE

Mark Kanzler

Hey Jim, got your e-mail.  I am listening on 31066 right now so we can test your connection.  We will probably not be using 3106y6 for out net, and it will not be on a Wednesday night, as PAPA has other nets that same night.  But we will be sendind out info about what talk group and dates for the next net, hopefully.  We are currently asking PAPA for permission to use their system.  But give it a try.

Mark

KE6ZRP on So Cal

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 05:52:46 PM PST, James Carter (KN4VZE) <tegatai@...> wrote:

I've got my DMR Hotspot up & running and I've verified that I'm able to monitor BrandMeister Talk Group 31066 : SolCal; which I believe is part of PAPA Net.

I am open to performing a test before the next Club Net to see if I have everything I need to participate.

Best Regards,

James, KN4VZE

James Carter (KN4VZE)

Hey Mark,

I missed your reply, but I am monitoring 31066 now.

Cheers,

James