Topics

FW: ham radio on new gl1800 2018

John Reynolds

John F. Reynolds President MARC Rialto, CA

From: "Denis Genest"
To: "johnw5jfr@..."
Sent: Saturday October 26 2019 2:59:34PM
Subject: ham radio on new gl1800 2018

Hello John, here the name Denis member of MARC since day one with Ray Davis as president.
Here My Question I install another antenna on my Goldwing 2018 for Ham radio VHF/UHF
I install Comet SBB5 half wave antenne no ground required but in UHF I have high SWR. Do you have
any members who do VHF/UHF with 2018-2019
goldwing I would like to email them to see what kind of radio and antenna setup they have.
thanks in advance for your help

John Beckwith

Denis,

I don’t have a Wing anymore, so hopefully someone who does can get back to you.  However, I would be a little surprised if it’s specific to the bike.   Questions might be:

How do you have the Antenna installed?
Do you have a good ground to the antenna mount?
Have you checked all your other cables for good condition?  (It’s easy to pinch cables - I speak from experience.)
Have you checked the antenna itself.  (They do tend to “wear” on a motorcycle.)
Or tried another antenna?
I’ve also had problems with my meter itself - so, another meter would also be worth a try if you can get your hands on one.
And don’t hesitate to contact Comet directly.   They’ve always been very helpful.

Hope these help.

Anyone else have anything???

John, N6JCB
Westchester, CA